Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How Do YOU Eat an Oreo Cookie?



This is how the Gessners eat an Oreo cookie...on a fork! Jeremy came up with this idea as a child and began a tradition. He wanted to be able to immerse the Oreo in milk without getting his fingers messy. Now even little Brady enjoys his Oreo on a fork (actually, it's a generic sandwich cookie...but he doesn't know the difference)

Speaking of Brady, he turns 2 years old next week. My "baby" is growing up. I'm trying to treasure this time with him. He is the only one of my boys that is still a mama's boy. He wants to be with me all the time and smothers me with hugs and kisses. Last night I was laying on the floor and he was blowing raspberries on my stomach, making his brothers laugh hysterically because it sounded like mommy was farting (for those of you without boys...this is what it's like!) Then I got out the video camera and taped the boys playing hide and seek with daddy...all of them screaming like little girls when they found Jeremy. Moments I will always treasure.

Brady turning 2 is significant, because if I would have kept to my child-bearing pattern, baby #4 would soon be on the scene! Thank God for vasectomies...lol. I love my kids, but I have enough :) And when I start to miss holding the little babies, I can always volunteer in Hopeland.


3 comments:

Jeff Selph said...

I've never been a huge oreo fan. I didn't even like them till last year some time. It just happened out of the blue. I look forward to trying Jeremy's method. I've never dipped in milk, cause I don't like getting my hands sticky.

Jeanette said...

Jeff, be sure to hold the cookie in the milk for at least 5 seconds. Long enough for it to get soft, but not so long that it falls off the fork. You don't know what you've been missing! Enjoy!

Kenny said...

Jeremy, you are brilliant. Been on this earth 21x2 and never thought of that. Oh, by the way, I still laugh hilariously when it sounds like my Mom farted. Cause if it sounds like it-she did.Good cover-up Jeanette.:)