Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Escape

I just got to escape with my husband for 24 hours! We make it a goal to get away overnight once or twice a year, and I highly suggest that if you are married with kids you do the same! It's so easy to get consumed with our responsibilities at home that we neglect to spend quality time with our spouses. Sometimes it's hard for me to justify spending the money to get away. There are so many things calling out for my treasure! But my relationship with my spouse needs to be priority...today. We don't have lots of money to do anything extravagent, so I found a place that is close to home...yet feels like we're far away. It is part of Donna's Premiere Lodging in Berlin, OH. I first chose their Original Log Cabin because it was the cheapest, but I have fallen in love with the little place. We have been there 3 times so far. (They have a referral program, so if this place sparks an interest, please contact me!) Each time we go I come home feeling refreshed. I am sad to leave my little cabin in the woods, yet at the same time anxious to walk in the door and hear my boys scream "Mommy!" and run into my arms.
I owe a big THANK YOU to my mother-in-law for filling my shoes for a day and watching my crazy boys :) Thanks to my husband for loving me unconditionally and walking with me on this journey. I love you with all my heart. And most of all, thank you to my God for blessing me beyond measure.

1 comment:

Kim said...

This sounds so wonderful. What a great reminder to parents or any married couple that they need to get away. It's amazing what a weekend can for the marriage and the soul!

Kim