Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jacob!

My little baby is now 6 years old! Everyone has told me how quickly the time goes by, and they are right! I can remember holding him in my arms, thinking how long it would be till he started school. Now he is in Kindergarten learning to read. Math is his favorite subject...just like his parents :) This picture of Jacob captures his personality well...full of joy and excitement (when he gets to do what he wants of course...lol)

This year I decided to start a tradition of writing a letter to my children on their birthdays. Telling them what I enjoy about them at this age and any other words of wisdom I want to pass along. Then I'm going to put the letter in an envelope, seal it, and file it away. I'm not sure exactly when I might present this gift...I hope I am around to do it. But it puts me at peace knowing that if for some reason God does call me home unexpectedly, I will have left this gift for my children behind.




No comments: