Saturday, February 7, 2009

Taken for Granted


I have been fighting off a virus for the past few days. I've got the symptoms of strep throat...but the nurse tells me it's not. While I would prefer this to the stomach flu, it is still much more difficult to care for my kids when all I want to do is rest. Whenever I get sick, the one positive thing it does is remind me how much I take good health for granted! Isn't that true of a lot of things in our lives? That we don't realize how blessed we are until something is taken away? My challenge to you, and myself, is to appreciate the things and people in our lives because there is no guarantee of what tomorrow may bring. Thankfully this minor discomfort in my life is only temporary...at least it better be :)

3 comments:

Jeff Selph said...

I know exactly what you mean. I hope you feel better soon.

Kim said...

I pray you are better soon. Kenny had it bad for a week and is still fighting it. I had it, but not nearly as bad. And then you have three little ones . . . Praying it passes quickly and that they don't catch it.

Jeanette said...

I woke up feeling normal this morning! Praise God! Thank you for your prayers :)