Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What Easter Means to Me

When I was a kid, Easter was all about an Easter basket filled with candy and going on Easter Egg hunts. And of course getting dressed up really nice to go to a church service. But that was just something we did, not anything that seemed to have real meaning. Why do I celebrate Easter now? This song says it all...




As a parent, I wonder how I can convey the truth about Easter to my kids, while at the same time giving them the enjoyment of the candy and Easter eggs. Please post any ideas or traditions you use in your family to keep the focus on the real reason we celebrate.

1 comment:

Angi said...

Beautiful song!! Things we do... we always make sure the Easter basket includes things to remind us of Christ. We also make 'resurrection cookies' which have a story to the making that is all scriptural and are merenges (sp?) that end up hollow inside. You put them in the oven (tomb), turn it off, seal it with tape, and open it in the morning to reveal the empty tombs. Very cool! I'll look for the recipe for you. Have to do them on Saturday.