Thursday, April 30, 2009

Is the end near?

Last week I got a surprise visitor. He is someone Jeremy and I knew a few years ago but had lost touch with. So he shows up because he wants to give us a book to read about Islam and the End Times. Since he is a Christian and so passionate about the research he has been doing, I told him I would take a look...yet I hesitate...

First, I am pretty historically ignorant. I'm sure the book will be way over my head. Secondly, do I even care if the End Times are in a few days or thousands of years away? Would it change the way I am living? For me, the answer is no. I know where I stand in my relationship with God and I try to live in a way that if I died tomorrow I would have no regrets. So why should I spend time studying something that will not impact my life?

While it's not a priority, I'll crack the book open as promised and maybe, just maybe, I'll learn something...










1 comment:

Angi said...

I find the end times discussions very interesting. But I agree with you... it's more of a hobby to look into it. We don't know the day. We aren't going to predict it. And we need to be ready regardless - it changes nothing on how I live. But if you like reading the prophecies and whatnot that go with it... it is kinda fascinating. :)