Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Isaac!

Although I've been saying it for a month now, today it is official...Isaac is 4 years old. He is full of mischief, but is cute enough to get away with it :)

One day I came into the kitchen just in time to see Isaac shut the fridge. I came up and asked him what he was doing. He of course says "Nothing". So I asked him what the white powder was all over his face. "I don't know." Hmm...after smelling it I realized what he had done and couldn't keep from smiling. It was Parmesan cheese! But sometimes Isaac doesn't get into trouble on his own...

Jacob started using Isaac as his scapegoat at an early age. Isaac was about a year old at the time. I could hear that he was awake in his crib, but wanted a little extra sleep, so I told Jacob to go in and keep Isaac happy. I was pleasantly surprised that he obeyed...until I walked in a while later to find everything covered in white powder! Jacob says "Isaac did it". But he left out the fact that he was the one who handed Isaac the open container of baby powder...


And of course since Isaac is the middle child, he can learn from his older brother ways to torment the younger one. There are many days that Isaac is just cracking up laughing, while Brady is screaming due to him taking a toy away (and mom is about to lose it...lol). But along with the mischief comes an adorable little boy who brings a lot of smiles and laughter into our home. Thank you God for this wonderful gift.






4 comments:

Jeff Selph said...

Good stories. :)

Happy birthday, Isaac!

Gramma Jan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ISAAC.
GRAMMA JAN LOVES YOU

Kenny said...

Priceless!

Grandpa Bobo said...

Happy birthday, Isaac. Grandpa & Grandma Bobo loves you, too.