Monday, October 24, 2011

Even Though...

The prophet Habakkuk lived during a time of international crisis and national corruption.  He questioned where the Lord was in the midst of the destruction and violence.  Yet after remembering who God is and what He has done, Habakkuk's prayer ended like this: "Even though the fig trees have no blossums and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields and the cattle barns are empty; yet I will rejoice in the Lord!  I will be joyful in the God of my salvation.  The Soveriegn Lord is my strength!  He will make me as surefooted as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains." (Habakkuk 3:17-19)

I think it would do us good to remember this prayer in times of uncertainty. 
"Even though________, yet I will rejoice in the Lord."

We all have different things to fill in the blank, but it is the same God who is in control of it all.  May you be filled with His peace today as you place your trust in Him.

No comments: