For today, I'll begin with an overview. Future posts will delve more into specifics...
I need to begin with a healthy foundation. If I'm not healthy, I can't help others. This includes physical, relational, emotional, and spiritual components. When these are met, I can better fulfill the roles that God has called me to.
WHAT I'VE BEEN CALLED TO DO:
1) To Make Disciples - This is a task Jesus gave all Christians to do.
- My priority is to do this in the home - with my boys. My first inclination is to look outside these walls to how I can serve the church. However, if I fail at home, it matters little what else I've done. I've been entrusted for this season to disciple these boys, and it won't happen by accident. It needs to be intentional.
- I also desire to disciple other women through leading by example and sharing with them as authentically as I can. (That's part of why I decided to put writing back on my priority list!)
2) To Support and Encourage My Husband
- I am his only wife, and I plan for that not to change! In order for him to minister to others, I need to step up in others areas...and to do it with a good attitude :) I also need to faithfully pray for him.
3) To Serve My Church/Community
- To volunteer where I'm needed and in accordance with my gifting, but not in a way that cheats my family
- To continue subbing a few days a week - giving teachers a reliable replacement and building relationships with the students
So there it is...a compilation of all those bits and pieces of information. I don't fully understand the "how" on some of these things. But I know where my focus needs to be and can use these goals to filter my decision-making through. In the coming weeks I will explore these topics in further detail and also ask for your input!
If you want to join me on this journey, check this site every Sunday. I think a weekly goal is attainable :) Until then, begin thinking through what you believe YOU have been called to, and evaluate whether your schedule is filled with activities that are in agreement with YOUR goals.
May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.