Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dreams and Visions by Tom Doyle

When I first picked up this book, I had a fear of it being dry and over my head...but I am pleased to report that this was far from the truth.  This is one of the most fascinating books I've read all year!  The majority of the book consists of stories from Muslims in various Middle Eastern countries who have had dreams and visions of Jesus which have led them to seek out answers and find life in Christ.  The author also intermixes relevant information so that readers who have little knowledge of Islamic practices (like myself) gain a fuller understanding of the Muslim faith and what life is like in those countries.

Tom Doyle is a missionary who is watching this phenomenon unfold first-hand.  He writes "I believe Islamic terrorism is Satan's attempt to keep the gospel message away from Muslims.  The enemy thinks that if he can make the rest of us afraid of  Muslims or make us hate them, then he can short-circuit Jesus' church from reaching Muslims.  But that isn't working.  Jesus has stepped in and is opening Muslim hearts Himself...Dreams and visions break down barriers that keep Muslims from embracing Christ.  Then it's up to us to get the gospel to them with a solid explanation and an offer to receive Jesus." After the terrorist bombing, Americans tend to fear that all Arabs are terrorists.  Even though a significant number are (about 10%), the author urges us not to overlook and ignore the other 90% who are not.  They need to know the love of Jesus and we can play a part in that happening.

This book has increased my awareness of Muslim beliefs and practices, made me more compassionate, and boosted my faith by hearing the stories of how Jesus is appearing to these people today.  I highly recommend it!

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from BookSneeze in exchange for an honest review.

No comments: