Sunday, April 20, 2014

New Life

The past few days we have been out in the flowerbeds preparing them for mulch.  At first glance everything looked dead.  There were brown, limp grasses and a collection of leaves covering the ground.  But once I began to clear away the debris, I found this...

 
...new life beginning to grow.
 
 
This is what I think of when Easter comes to mind.   We see what looks dead...a situation that appears to have no hope. That's what the disciples saw on Good Friday.  But because of the resurrection, we know that nothing is impossible with God.  He can take that which is dead and breathe new life into it.  He can take that which is hopeless and clear away the debris to reveal beauty in the making.
 
As you see evidence of new life growing around you this spring, remember that God can do the same thing in your life.  Ask him to open your eyes and trust that He is able.
 
 
For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. - Isaiah 43:19

No comments: