Friday, January 8, 2010

A New Year


What do I hope the year 2010 brings? Growth. I want to grow in many ways: spiritually, physically, and emotionally. I want to be able to say at the end of the year that I am a more godly woman than I am today. Here are a few things happening this year to move me in that direction:

Beginning next month I plan to join a women's bible study. Although the meetings are only once a week, the studies involve daily homework and time in the Word. I've never done anything so in-depth and look forward to learning through the study and the women in the group.

After years of praying for a mentor I finally have one! I had been waiting on God to bring someone into my life, but now I see that he already had. The key was realizing that I had to ASK if she wanted to enter into that type of relationship. All this time I had been waiting on God, when really it turns out He was waiting on me. I look forward to the wisdom, insight, and encouragement the relationship will offer and am grateful for her giving her valuable time to invest in me.

Physically speaking, I plan to continue being consistent with my treadmill workouts. I have an added incentive to get in shape by June...my husband and I are going away for a week for our 10-year anniversary! That I've been married for nearly 10 years is hard to believe, and is also worth celebrating!

I also want to focus my time on relationships this year. Spending daily quiet time with God to refresh and fill me up, going on dates with my husband, playing with my kids, and staying connected to friends and family. I suppose I'll have to find the time for all my other responsibilities too, such as the cooking and cleaning, but I will not let those tasks become more important. I want to become a woman after God's own heart.

Melt me, Mold me, Fill me, Use me. Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me. This is my prayer.



No comments: