Thursday, December 10, 2009

A New Addition

I have a new addition to my morning routine...one that recharges me physically, emotionally, and even spiritually! My wonderful husband bought me this treadmill for my birthday/Christmas/any other holiday he could think of during the next year :) I have been wanting one for a few years...so this was a good gift. Now the question was if I would find the motivation to USE it for something more than a clothing rack (which I hear is a common use of treadmills these days).

My friend gave me the golden key when she introduced me to podcasts. For those of you, like me, who are wondering what a podcast even IS, it is a radio broadcast that can be downloaded from the internet (I use iTunes) for FREE! What a concept! I can listen to teachings from amazing Christian pastors and authors, normally between 15-30 min each, right from my iPod. And since my goal is to work out for 30 min this makes the time go by really fast. I get to workout my body, fill my mind with wisdom, worship, and get an overall boost of confidence every morning. For the first time I am beginning an exercise routine that I believe I can stick to and am truly excited about. I hope to see improvement in my physical health, and more importantly in my spiritual health. Feel free to keep me accountable :)

1 Timothy 4:8 "For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come."

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline".

No comments: