Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Engaged in Battle

Are you in a battle? Who is your struggle with? Your spouse? Family? Co-worker?

Here is what Paul says in Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms". Remember who your enemy is.

Then what are we supposed to do? "Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." Ephesians 6:10-11 We are then told to stand firm with the armor of truth, righteousness, peace, faith, salvation, and the Word of God in place.

Maybe you don't feel strong enough to fight. That's okay, because the Lord is a warrior, He is mighty in battle. I am encouraged by the words Moses spoke to the Israelites "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today...The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:13-14 Put on your armor, stand firm, and ask God to take up your battle!

And when you get weary, pray David's words "Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress." Psalms 71:3





Don't forget to share your struggles with other Christians who can pray for you. "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20

There is power in that. I am thankful for my brothers and sisters in Christ who are there to lift me up and help me to stand firm. I'm ready for battle.

No comments: